Cook For Love Baking Mix* (makes 100g)
- 86g Taste Connections Wheat Starch (Phe 3mg)
- 14g Cake Flour (Phe 54mg)
- 0.6g Xanthan Gum (Phe 0mg)
- 75g 3x25g Vitabite bars cut into small chunks (Phe <7.5mg)
- 100g Cook For Love Baking Mix
- 75g Brown sugar 3
- 50g Butter, softened (Phe 21mg)
- 3g + 60ml water
- Orgran Low Protein Egg Replacer (Phe 0mg)
- 1g Salt (Phe 0mg)
- 1.5g Vanilla Essence (Phe 0mg)
- Sift all ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Pre heat oven to 400°F.
- Coat Vitabite chunks with a small amount of baking mix.
- Mix brown sugar with butter to a smooth and creamy texture.
- Add egg replacer and water, baking mix, salt and vanilla essence.Mix well to form dough.
- Add coated Vitabite chunks to dough.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper. Make 12 balls of doughusing a spoon. Place balls onto baking tray and gently push flat.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove cookies from baking tray using a spatula and leave to coolon a cooling rack.
Vitabite is a medical food and must be used under medical supervision.
Always check the protein content on labels as ingredients can change.
*With thanks to Brenda Winiarski: www.cookforlove.org
Nutritional figures provided by www.howmuchphe.org accessed April 2016.