Cook For Love Baking Mix* (Makes 90g)
- 77g Taste Connections Wheat Starch (Phe 3mg)
- 12g Cake flour (Phe 47mg)
- 0.5g Xanthan gum (Phe 0mg)
- 20g Butter (Phe 9mg)
- 20g Hard margarine (Phe 0mg)
- 25g Caster sugar (Phe 0mg)
- 90g Baking mix
- 10g Water, cold (Phe 0mg)
- Sift all ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Place butter, hard margarine, and caster sugar into
mixing bowl and beat until light in colour and texture.
- Fold in baking mix.
- Using your hands, mix and knead mixture until it binds
together (add water as needed to form a manageable dough).
- Transfer to a surface lightly dusted with baking mix,
continue to knead dough for 30 seconds (until smooth).
- Roll dough to a thickness of ½ a centimetre and place
onto a lightly greased baking tray.
- Place into pre heated oven for 20 to 25 minutes,
until pale golden in colour.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Cut into 24 bite sized pieces.
Vitabite is a medical food and must be used under medical supervision.
Always check the protein content on labels as ingredients can change.
* With thanks to Brenda Winiarski: www.cookforlove.org
Nutritional figures provided by www.howmuchphe.org accessed April 2016.