225g Fate low protein all-purpose mix (plus extra for dusting)
75g Light brown soft sugar
150g Block margarine, at room temperature
18 Boiled sweets
- Preheat oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas mark 3.
- Place Fate low protein all-purpose mix and sugar into a bowl.
- Rub in the block margarine with your fingertips, until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Continue to mix until it forms a dough.
- Dust surface with Fate low protein all-purpose mix and knead the dough, until smooth.
- Roll dough to 0.5cm thick. Using a star shape cutter, cut 18 biscuits from the dough, place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Using a smaller star shape cutter, cut out the centre of each larger star biscuit and then place a whole boiled sweet in the centre. Place the smaller star shaped biscuits on another baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake larger biscuits with the boiled sweet centre for 10-15 minutes and 5-10 minutes for smaller star biscuits. Once cooked they should be lightly browned and the sweet melted.
- Leave them on the tray until they are cool and the centres are set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Fate low protein all-purpose mix is a foods for special medical purposes and must only be used under medical supervision