To make the pastry:
- 250g Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix (plus extra for dusting)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground (plus extra for dusting)
- 125g Soft Margarine (plus extra for greasing)
- 30g Caster sugar
- 50ml Water
To make the filling:
- 125g Robertson’s Mincemeat (0.8g protein per 100g)
- 10ml ProZero
- 1 tbsp Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- Rub the Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix, cinnamon and margarine together with your fingertips in a mixing bowl until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the caster sugar to the water and stir until it is dissolved, then add to the breadcrumbs and mix until combined.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Dust a clean work surface with Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix and knead the pastry until smooth.
- Roll the pastry out with a rolling pin to a thickness of 1cm, then cut out 10 circles and 10 stars with the cookie cutters.
- Place the circles into the greased jam tart tin.
- Spoon the mincemeat evenly between the 10 pastry circles and place a star on the top of each one.
- Brush with the ProZero, then bake for 20 mins or until golden.
- Leave to cool and then dust with the icing sugar and cinnamon.
Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix and ProZero are foods for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.