- 40g Butter, softened
- 70g Demerara sugar
- 1 tsp Ginger, ground
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 140g Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix
- 50ml ProZero
- 1 tsp Egg replacer
- ½ tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp Golden syrup
- Candy canes (optional)
- 1 tsp Oil (optional)
- Colourful Icing pens
- Preheat oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and the sugar.
- Add the ginger, cinnamon and Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix and rub together with your fingertips to create a breadcrumb texture.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ProZero, egg replacer, vanilla essence and golden syrup.
- Add this mixture to the Fate Low Protein All-Purpose breadcrumbs and knead into a dough.
- Roll dough to a thickness of 0.5cm, cut into 4 gingerbread men and place onto a lightly greased baking tray.
- If you would like your gingerbread men to hold a candy cane, roll up a small ball of tin foil, rub with the oil and place on the body of the gingerbread men.
- Fold the arms over the tin foil ball and press together.
- Cook for 20-25 mins.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- If necessary, remove the tin foil and replace with a candy cane.
- Draw the eyes, smile, buttons and cuffs on with the icing pens and serve.
Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix and ProZero are foods for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.