- 50g Soft margarine
- 220ml ProZero
- 2tbsp Oil
- 180g Fate low protein all-purpose mix
- 100g Caster sugar (plus extra for topping)
- 1tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Psyllium husk
- 3 drops of Vanilla essence
- Pre-heat a deep fat fryer as per manufacturer’s instructions to 180˚C.
- Place the margarine, ProZero and oil in small sauce pan, over a medium heat. Heat until the margarine has melted.
- Place the Fate low protein all-purpose mix, caster sugar, baking powder, salt, psyllium husk and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the melted mixture from the pan with the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl to form a batter.
- Using a spatula, place the batter into a piping bag.
- Pipe lengths into the oil and fry until golden brown (1 minute on each side).
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on kitchen roll to drain excess oil.
- Roll in caster sugar while still warm.
- Repeat steps 6-8 until all batter is used.
ProZero, Fate low protein all-purpose mix and Vitabite are foods for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.