To make the pastry:
- 250g Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix (plus extra for dusting)
- 125g Soft Margarine
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
- 50ml water
To make the filling:
- 150g Sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 2cm chunks
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 100g Swede, peeled and finely diced
- 70g Carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 50g Parsnip, peeled and finely diced
- 100g Butternut squash, peeled and finely diced
- 50g Leek, finely sliced
- 50g Onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp Dried sage
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 5g Fresh sage
- 5g Fresh thyme
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 20ml Water
- 2 tbsp Cranberry sauce
- 20ml ProZero (plus extra for brushing)
- Rub the Fate All-Purpose Mix and the margarine together with your fingertips in a mixing bowl until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the paprika, mixed herbs and water to the breadcrumbs and stir until combined.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Dust a clean work surface with Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix and knead the pastry until smooth.
- Roll the pastry out with a rolling pin into a 30cmx25cm rectangle.
- Meanwhile, boil the sweet potato chunks in water until soft.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and mash until smooth.
- In a separate pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and add the swede, carrot, parsnip, butternut squash, leek and onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the herbs, garlic, salt and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the water and cook until it evaporates.
- Add the cranberry sauce and the mashed sweet potatoes and mix until combined.
- Cook for a further 5-10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft, then set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Once the vegetables have cooled slightly, add the vegetable mixture to the centre section of the pastry, leaving enough room around the edges for the pastry to be folded over to cover the filling.
- Brush the sides of the pastry with the ProZero and fold the pastry sides in towards the centre, letting one side of the pastry overlap the other to seal.
- Turn the pastry parcel over so that the top is smooth and decorate using any spare pastry.
- Brush with ProZero and roast in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, slice and serve.
Fate low protein all-purpose mix and ProZero are foods for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.