To make the pastry:
- 250g Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix (plus extra for dusting)
- 125g Soft Margarine
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 50ml water
To make the filling:
- 12 Carrot, peeled and chopped into 8cmx1cm sticks
- 1 tbsp Oil (plus extra for brushing)
- ½ tsp Golden syrup
- ½ tsp Thyme, dried
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rub the Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix and the margarine together in a mixing bowl using your fingertips until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the paprika, mixed herbs and water and stir until combined.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Dust a clean work surface with Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix and knead the pastry on the work surface until smooth.
- Roll the pastry out with a rolling pin and slice into 12 equally sized rectangles.
- Meanwhile, place the carrots into a bowl, then coat with the oil, golden syrup and thyme.
- Once coated, place the carrot sticks onto a baking tray and roast in the oven for 15 minutes then remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, place each carrot stick onto the short edge of a pastry rectangle and roll up, then place onto a baking tray.
- Brush the extra oil onto the pastry and cook in the oven for 25 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot or cold.
Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.