- 100g Unsalted butter
- 100g Demerara sugar
- 50g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Mixed spice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg, grated
- 100g Dried mixed peel
- 50g Dried cranberries
- 50g Raisins, chopped
- 100g Glace cherries, chopped
- 350g Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix
- 2 tbsp Golden syrup
- 250ml ProZero
- 20g Egg replacer
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas mark 5.
- Place the butter, demerara sugar and caster sugar in a bowl and cream together.
- Add the mixed spice, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well.
- Add the dried mixed peel, dried cranberries, raisins, glace cherries and Fate Low Protein All-Purpose mix and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the golden syrup, ProZero and the egg replacer and add to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into the lined cake tin and bake for 45 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- When cold, decorate the cake with your favourite Christmas scene using permitted toppings.
Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix and ProZero are foods for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.