To make low protein tortillas:
- 220g Fate low protein all-purpose mix (plus extra for dusting)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Fajita mix, dried
- 2 tsp Psyllium husk
- 1 tsp Tomato puree
- 180ml Warm water
- 2 tsp Olive oil
To make the filling:
- 20g Spinach leaves
- 100g Leftover vegetables e.g Carrots, Parsnips, Red Cabbage and
- Sweet Potato
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- Add Fate all-purpose mix and baking powder to a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients together and allow to stand for 5 minutes until thickened.
- Add wet ingredients to the Fate all-purpose mix then knead into a dough.
- Divide dough into 3 equal amounts and roll into 9 inch circles.
- Heat a dry frying pan to medium and cook each tortilla for 30-60 seconds until slightly brown on each side.
- Set the tortillas aside to cool.
- Line the tortilla with spinach leaves.
- Add the leftover vegetables and mayo and wrap.
Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.
Fate low protein all-purpose mix is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for use in a low protein diet.