- 100g Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix (plus 2tbsp extra for coating)
- 200ml ProZero
- 1 tsp Egg replacer
- 2 Banana blossom pieces, drained
- 1 Sweet potato, cut into thin chips
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 Gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Capers
- Heat the deep fat fryer to medium, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Add 100g Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix, ProZero and egg replacer to a bowl and mix to form a smooth batter.
- Place the remaining 2 tablespoons of Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix into a bowl and coat the banana blossom pieces. Once coated, dip the pieces into the batter mix.
- Using a slotted spoon lower the banana blossom pieces into the deep fat fryer and allow to fry until golden.
- Remove from the deep fat fryer with the slotted spoon and place on kitchen towel to remove any excess oil.
- To make the sweet potato chips, deep fry for 5 minutes or until golden and place on the kitchen towel to remove any excess oil.
- Whilst the chips are frying, make your tartare sauce by mixing together the mayonnaise, gherkins and capers in a small bowl.
Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix and ProZero are foods for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision.