- 50g Butter
- 30g Caster sugar
- 110g Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix (plus extra for dusting)
- 10ml Water (if required)
- 200g Betty crocker vanilla buttercream style icing
- 1 tsp Green food colouring
- Red and white sprinkles
- Yellow star sprinkles
You will need a piping bag, a small star nozzle and 3 different sized round cookie cutters (4.5cm, 4cm, 3.5cm).
- Preheat oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
- Place butter, caster sugar and Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix Into a mixing bowl.
- Mix and knead mixture until it binds together (add water as needed to form a manageable dough).
- Transfer to a surface lightly dusted with Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix and continue to knead until smooth.
- Roll dough to a thickness of 0.5cm, cut out 4 circles with the 3.5cm cookie cutter, 4 circles with the 4cm cookie cutter and 4 circles with the 4.5cm cookie cutter and place onto a lightly greased baking tray.
- Cook for 20-25 mins, until golden in colour.
- Remove from the oven and cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, add the green food colouring to the Betty crocker vanilla buttercream style icing and mix well.
- Add to the piping bag and pipe a ring of icing onto the largest sized shortbread and place the middle-sized shortbread on top.
- Pipe another ring of icing onto the middle-sized shortbread and place the smallest sized shortbread on top.
- Pipe a peak onto the smallest sized shortbread and place a star sprinkle at the top.
- Decorate the icing with the red and white sprinkles and serve.
Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for a low protein diet.
Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.