- 50g Butter
- 30g Brown sugar
- 10ml Water
- 110g Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix (plus extra for dusting)
- ½ tsp Nutmeg, ground
- ½ tsp Cinnamon, ground (plus 2 tbsp for decorations)
- ½ tsp All Spice, ground
- 2 tbsp Betty crocker vanilla buttercream style icing
- 200g White fondant icing
- 50g Green fondant icing
- 20g Red fondant icing
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
- Place butter, brown sugar, Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix, nutmeg, cinnamon and all spice into a mixing bowl.
- Mix and knead mixture until it binds together (add water as needed to form a manageable dough).
- Transfer to a surface lightly dusted with Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix and continue to knead until smooth.
- Roll dough to a thickness of 0.5cm, cut into 6 cookies with the circular biscuit cutter and place onto a lightly greased baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 mins.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Sprinkle the cookies with cinnamon and tap off any excess.
- Cut the white fondant icing into a semi-circle with a wavy bottom.
- Cut the green fondant icing into small leaves.
- Roll the red fondant into small balls.
- Place ½ tsp of the Betty crocker vanilla buttercream style icing on the top half of the cookies and place the white semi-circle of fondant icing on top.
- Smear a small amount of the Betty crocker vanilla buttercream style icing on to the bottom of the leaves and place two on each cookie, on top of the white fondant icing.
- Smear a small amount of the Betty crocker vanilla buttercream style icing on icing on the bottom of the red balls and place in the middle of the two leaves on each cookie.
- Allow to set and then serve.
Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for a low protein diet.
Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.