- 80g Butter, softened
- 140g Caster sugar
- 280g Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix
- 100ml Water
- 2 tsp Egg replacer
- 1 tsp Dr Oetker Extra Strong Red Food Colour Gel
- 1 tsp Almond essence
- 3 tbsp Betty Crocker Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing
- 50g Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/ gas mark 5.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Fold the Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix into the creamed butter and sugar mixture until combined.
- Divide the mixture equally between 2 bowls.
- In another bowl, combine 50mls of water, 1 tsp egg replacer, 1 tsp Dr Oetker Extra Strong Red Food Colour Gel and ½ tsp almond essence.
- Combine the remaining water, egg replacer and almond essence in another bowl.
- Add one bowl of the liquid mixture into one of the bowls of the each Fate mixture and combine well, until a stiff dough is formed.
- Repeat step 7 with the remaining liquid and Fate mixture.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Using a rolling pin, roll out the white dough between two sheets of greaseproof paper to 1cm thickness. Repeat with the red dough.
- Place the red dough on top of the white dough and roll with your fingers into a sausage shape.
- Slice the ends off to neaten the roll and then slice into 12 equal slices.
- Shape the slices into neat circles by gently pressing down on the outside edges.
- Place the cookies on the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked. Allow to cool completely.
- Once cool, spread a thin layer of Betty Crocker Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing around the perimeter of the cookies using the back of a spoon.
- Pour the sprinkles onto a plate and place the cookies icing side down to coat.
Fate Low Protein All-Purpose Mix is a food for special medical purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe has been specifically designed for a low protein diet.
Refer to labels for allergen and other product information.